Tomorrow is going to be my 3rd week of teaching. It isn't easy, and to be honest I don't know if this is the right career for me. In the first week itself, I almost gave up. I called Abah and told him that I was so tired and I didn't know if I could continue teaching. I told Abah if only I had half a million, I would have paid KPM. I never thought teaching could be this hard. What would I do if I don't become a teacher? What would I do?
Obviously, I survived the last two weeks. Well, nothing can beat my passion towards teaching. I think I'm going crazy here. Actually, my students give me some kinda motivation. I love teaching Form 1 Adil. The students are so cheerful and motivated. They seem very excited every time I go to the class.
There was this one student who would stand next to me every time I stood near to whiteboard. He just couldn't sit still, until I had to take him to his seat. His name is Danish. Unfortunately, he has moved to other class.
This one boy always tries very hard to speak English even though he knows little about it. And he doesn't care if he makes mistakes, he loves to learn. He likes to ask questions if he's unsure about something. And I really like to call his name, he's my assistant. His name is Adam, and I often call him 'Dam...'.
| Fiqri and Adam, front row. |
Meanwhile, this one boy Fiqri, my second assistant. He is just so cute. He too likes to speak. He always wants to volunteer himself to do something I ask. And he is a very good student. He talks a lot, but he does the task too. And I remember his words 'teacher, teacher, he is very naughty naughty laa'.
My third assistant, my new-appointed assistant. Hakimy. Well, this boy really gave me a hard time. During my first lesson, he cried because of his friend was teasing him. Actually, he started it. He teased this one girl and said she was 'gemuk'. And then, his friend then teased him back by saying 'Ayah kau lagi gemuk'. Then he cried. Guess what, he kept crying the whole lesson. I tried to stop. And asked his friend to say sorry. It was settled. But he refused to do the task I asked him. Fair enough. The second lesson, still. He refused to participate. He didn't want to work with a partner, and wanted to work individually. I let him be. As long as he did the task right? However, a miracle then came. When we played Simon Says game, he seemed a totally different person. He suddenly became so engaged. So I noticed, he liked games and he liked competition. The third lesson, he was my assistant. He seemed to be the one who understood better about the poem 'The River'. So, I asked him to explain the meaning of the first three stanzas of the poem to his friends. Well, to be honest, I am impressed with him. Well done Kimy!
| Kimy hiding his face. Oh boy! |
Isaac. He seems a very quiet boy. He doesn't talk much. On the first day of my lesson, he was so shy. But during my second lesson, he became very active. He is no longer shy. He has a very sweet smile. However, he is not really good in speaking. That is why I always call his name. So that he can practise using target language. And truthfully, I can see how hard he tries to gain confidence in himself. And I notice one thing, he wears Tissot spectacles. Oh emm...
And I am so proud to see my Form 1 students are involved and engaged in my lessons. My Form 2 students, errr Hi guys! I know you guys have been good too! We get along very well right? *Searching for another motivation*
# full-time housewife can arhh? =D
# full-time housewife can arhh? =D

Kak Aida boleh! Chaiyyoookkk! Bagi semangat dah ni. Hehe.
Kalau awal- awal dah lemah semangat, kesian dekat anak bangsa kita :/
I went through the same experience when I first started teaching- all these mixed emotions of shock, surprise, regret, etc. As time goes by you start discovering what teaching is really about- and if you truly like children and the passion that comes with teaching, you'll stay in the profession Insya-Allah. I'm still learning too... don't give up! :)