PART 1
PART 2
Mom, too, is a great wife. She treats Abah very well. She knows that being a good wife is a ticket to Jannah. Abah is a husband who only eats Mom's cooking. Even though we were out for lunch or dinner somewhere in Kota Bharu, but in the end once we arrived at home Abah would ask Mom to cook another meal for him. Mom knew it too well, so she never complained. It is an obvious lie if I say they never had any argument. Of course, they do. What makes it different is the way they handle the misunderstanding. Whenever they are into small argument, Abah will just keep his mouth shut because he knows that Mom will keep mumbling and continuing her "speech". So the only way to settle this is for Abah to stay silent. And after few moments, they will be back together talking and teasing each other like nothing happens. When Abah is driving during the midnight, Mom will try very hard not to fall asleep. She wanted to keep Abah company so that Abah will not get bored while driving. Though sometimes Mom just couldn't help herself but fell asleep. So, I will take my turn. Not to sleep but keep an eye on Abah in order to ensure that Abah will not drive with closing eyes. If I see Abah's eyes are closing, I will do the sign language such as "coughing" just to wake him up.
PART 2
Mom, too, is a great wife. She treats Abah very well. She knows that being a good wife is a ticket to Jannah. Abah is a husband who only eats Mom's cooking. Even though we were out for lunch or dinner somewhere in Kota Bharu, but in the end once we arrived at home Abah would ask Mom to cook another meal for him. Mom knew it too well, so she never complained. It is an obvious lie if I say they never had any argument. Of course, they do. What makes it different is the way they handle the misunderstanding. Whenever they are into small argument, Abah will just keep his mouth shut because he knows that Mom will keep mumbling and continuing her "speech". So the only way to settle this is for Abah to stay silent. And after few moments, they will be back together talking and teasing each other like nothing happens. When Abah is driving during the midnight, Mom will try very hard not to fall asleep. She wanted to keep Abah company so that Abah will not get bored while driving. Though sometimes Mom just couldn't help herself but fell asleep. So, I will take my turn. Not to sleep but keep an eye on Abah in order to ensure that Abah will not drive with closing eyes. If I see Abah's eyes are closing, I will do the sign language such as "coughing" just to wake him up.
I'm always proud of Mom. The way she takes care of her children. Not just one child but there are seven of us. Mom has stopped being so strict to her children. But when she stops being one, Izani will always take it for granted. And I hate this anyway! So, now I demand that Mom will be firm again. Don't worry, Izani may not be afraid of Mom but he surely knows how to be scared when Abah is calling his name. So, it is fair! Whatever reason it is, Izani is still Mom's baby. No matter how big he is now, he still looks fragile to Mom. And it is really hard to control Izani when he's at home. Sometimes, he is nowhere to be seen.
I miss when Mom keeps reminding Abah to perform prayers in the mosque. Mom loves to go to the mosque for subuh and isya' prayers. During Ramadhan, Mom has never missed to do her subuh prayer and isya' together with tarawikh at the mosque. Except when she got her 'cuti'. I always spent some time to recite Al-Quran everytime after sahur, and when Mom heard the azan, she would knock on my door and asked "Aida, nak subuh dekat masjid tak?" . People will look at both Mom and I walking into the ladies' prayer side. And when Dad was on leave from his work, he too will join us praying at the mosque. I always pray that Allah will bless my family with great happiness.
I didn't mean to be so arrogant saying how good my Mom has been. I'm sure every mother has done great to their own children. This is just a quick reflection on how hard my mother has worked for her family. She may not be working as officer, but yes she's the one who takes care of our family. I respect her with all my heart. And thank you so much Ma and Abah, for everything you have done. I'm all a grown-up now. But still, I'm your little child that always cry whenever I miss you both.
![]() |
| Ihsan: Google |
Little did I know that my life has been so much challenging during my childhood but now Allah has given me a lovely family. I wanted to have my own beautiful family, and see my own children growing up. I wanted to give them my love as much as they want. But the question remains unanswered. Do I have time to complete my unfinished jigsaw bit by bit? I don't know. I just hope, I will have enough time and I'm ready for it.
So, here I am wishing you a very Happy Mother's Day Mom! I wish you were here with me, so that I could give a warm hug and kiss your cheeks. I wanted to slowly whisper in your ear that I love you, and I will always do. InshaAllah.
So, here I am wishing you a very Happy Mother's Day Mom! I wish you were here with me, so that I could give a warm hug and kiss your cheeks. I wanted to slowly whisper in your ear that I love you, and I will always do. InshaAllah.


Jadi selepas ni
Your turn pula tidak lama lagi
Moga dapat persiapkan diri
insyaAllah..
Great ;)
@Azree
InshaAllah, mohon Allah bagi kesempatan. hehe. Thank you! And you too, May Allah ease your ways. =)
What a beautiful piece of writing. Reading it has made me think of my own experience in growing up, and my relationship with my Mum. I too, used to be dubbed as 'Daddy's Girl'. But Mums are Mums and Dads are Dads, and everyone's Mums and Dads are Superheroes that will always reign over Superman, Batman and the rest... :)
Thank you for sharing your story...