First class degree? You kidding me?

"Well, the truth is I like Papa John"

Scene 1: Brymore Road

I woke up early today. Yes early. Subuh checked! getting-enough-sleep not checked! I took my phone and changed the time for my next alarm "9.20 am". Fair enough, because my personal tutorial was at 10.15 am. And I was like "Whatever! I'm going to sleep and I don't care if I'm late". Yeahh yeahh, I knew it sounded so childish. Don't worry, after taking a short nap, at 9.15 am I was ready for shower. Let me say "a long shower". Heyy, I shouldn't have told everything, but yes I should tell this that "I haven't had my breakfast. sigh"

Scene 2: ES02 (Papa John's office)

Entrering Papa John's office....

JK : Hello Aida, how're you doing?
Me: Hello John, I'm doing fine. (while smiling)
and bla bla bla......

John asked me whether or not I was coping well with my current house, academic, finance and all. In overall yes. Though when it came to finance, I was kinda hesitating to say "John, my HSBC only has 10pound left. Will you give me some?" "You're very kind, thank you, anyway, KPM has just banked in our allowance. I'm OKB now!" *so arrogant* [this was just a so called talk-to-myself conversation, and I didn't say this to John] =D  That will explain how stupid I am, thinking of being an OKB, instead I'm gonna lose them just in the blink of an eye. Never mind. I'm surviving though, and Alhamdulillah I still have my future saving. *big grin smile* 

Coming on to the serious matters, assignments and exams. I was smiling and smiling like a little girl wanting to say "Yeayy, I have my lollypop!" That would picture how thrilled  I was, having to think of both assignments and exams. John said that Year 2 final exams will finish by the end of May. This year's final exams will be  starting on the second week of May. So, it does explain that I won't be having any trouble flying back to Malaysia in June! And one more thing, I did tell John about the ticket price, and he was really concerned in fact he was suggesting me to look up for Emirates, Air Asia, and Etihad! "John, ermmm..actually, I have already bought Etihad" 

JK: How's academic going on?
Me: Ermm, regarding to this, I would say that I really like Mandarin. [suddenly I talked about Mandarin, why on earth Aida??]
JK:                       So you will continue taking Mandarin next year? [John overlapped my conversation]
Me: Yes, I'm thinking of continuing Mandarin till Level 5. Errr...about First and Second Language Acquisition, at first I find it very difficult to understand all the theories about Child Bilingualism but now I think I'm getting okey. [ weyy Aida, it didn't link with Mandarin, all of sudden you talked about F&S Language Acquisition] =D

--------another bla bla bla about this and that----------

Me: I'm worried about my assignments, because I often do well in exams but not in the assignments. Yet, I'm  happy for my first assignment this year. 
JK: What did you get for your first assignment?
Me: **
JK: That's almost First Class grade. Anyway, yes. I remember you did well in the last final exams. Really. Don't worry if you have anything you are unsure about, don't be afraid to email or see your lecturer. That could help. And don't forget that I'm targeting you for First Class degree
Me: InshaAllah. [First class degree? You kidding me? InshaAllah, I will] =)

p/s : masa tengah cakap dengan John suddenly perut berkruk krekk kruk krekk. Sangat memalukan. *sigh*
p/s/s : my uncle also said study hard and score first class. 


It's not easy, but not impossible as well. Hope for the best, leave the rest to Allah.

8 Responses so far.

  1. Unknown says:

    really?waaaaa..hahaha

  2. @athirah

    hahaha. don't waa la weyyhh. Papa John suka bagi kata pemangkin. Ni ayat dari last year sampai sekarang =P

  3. @phat lee

    tak power. seriously, it's just a way of motivating his student. And yes, I'm motivated now! =D motivated sleep. hehehe

  4. hahadoi...gua pun nak join lah lu punyer motivation.haha

  5. syaftome says:

    no matter what excuse you gives...
    just believe in yourself...
    because no one else matters...

    and so, good luck to you...

  6. @phat lee

    sure boleh! jom jom. tapi kena usaha lebih nie. =D

  7. @syaftome

    inshaAllah. I pray for your happiness and success as well. May Allah bless. thank youu =) inshaAllah boleh. yakin. hehe

Leave a Reply