Today was my second time wearing Cheongsam for the Chinese Dance. Another Malaysian Day to be held. But this time, it wasn't at Sandgate Primary School, but Strode Park Foundation in Herne Bay which is a Nursing Residential Respite Care Home. My first impression when I walked into that place was "Macam air terjun dekat Malaysia". It was really calming, and I could feel the cool and fresh air in there. Strode Park Foundation is also a place where specialist care and leisure services are provided for people with disabilities.
We started with alternate session between power point presentation and dancing. Let's not write and talk too much. See the pictures, shall we?
Sumazau Dance
Indian Dance
Chinese Dance
Malay Dance : Zapin Pusaka
Enough with dancing and presentation. We were then given opportunity to have a talk with old folks, get close to them, asking and introducing ourselves. I was like so nervous, I didn't know why. Maybe because I am not used talking to British old folks. I was talking to myself "Kalau orang tua dekat Malaysia, surely I can talk with no pause and stop". It was so different! Too hard to explain, but yes. At least I managed to say some words like "Are you alright?" "What's your name?" "Did you enjoy colouring?" and so on. It wasn't easy to go and have a conversation with them, because some of them were so reserved. They were not very friendly. I would say that, sorry. Or maybe because they find it so difficult to get along with "strangers". Apart from realising how they felt about us, I was wondering how their lives have changed. To not be able to live with their own children. Where are their children? I didn't really know. But it did upset me looking at them. They are not like the others. They are disabled people, who are trying to survive, to keep on smiling and hoping that their lives would be brighter day by day. Some of them are not even able to speak clearly. I tried to start the conversation with one of them, but she kept mumbling and trying so hard to voice out some words. What was even sad was some of them just kept in silence. Waiting for someone to come and hold their hands.
p/s : To my dearest children, be good to mommy and daddy. Will you? It hurts so much by just looking at them. And I couldn't bear to imagine how I will miss my own children if I am to live at old folks home. You will promise to love and stay with mommy and daddy, won't you?

touched~:')
hope they will be happy, no matter how hard their lives would be. =) pray for them. inshaAllah.
huuu..sgt sedih everythime balik from strode park..
itu la. dah la saya first time pergi strode park. harap harap diaorang akan happy happy selalu. =)
hmmm...
i wonder what would I do in that kind of situation...
it must be hard for you...
whenever I looked at my mum worked very hard to handle my grandma with love...
i wondered...
will I be able to do the same to her...
and so, I wish and I hope...
i'll get the strength to do it...
@syaftome
you will surely have the strength to do it. and I pray for you =)
If i were to visit old folks house in Malaysia. I can confirm that I would cry all day long.
wahhh! msian day! interesting..hope that the people at that place had fun..malaysia boleh! =)