Reality bites

This is not my new blog. I hide my new blog somewhere where no one can find. Do you really believe every word that I just said? You better do. 

So I have decided not to abandon this blog but keep it 'alive'. This blog url has its sentimental value on me. And I thought it would be a waste if I don't give much attention to it. 

I have nothing much to say. I have started my final year in this no-budget (tiada peruntukan) institute. This institute does not change much. Apart from its name has changed to a very commercial and glamour name, the facilities have gone worse. The toilets in the academic building were disgusting. The chairs broken here and there. And I don't know why they always say that 'kita tak ada peruntukan?'.

I remember this one incident, where our hostel's lift (elevator) was not functioning. So many of us reported to the warden office, and it seemed no one bothered about the lift. My room is at level 6. And imagine how inconvenience it was for us. The warden said that they didn't have the budget to fix the lift, and they gave us choice whether to keep the budget for the lift maintenance or the washing machine? Upon hearing this from one of my friends, I was like seriously? Washing machine and lift? Lift and washing machine? Pathetic. Anyway, they fixed the lift. The complaints about the management of this institute continue till today. And I guess, everyone can already expect what they would say every time they make complaint, 'tiada peruntukan'. Great. 

My final year is good. Well, not that good actually, but I'm surviving. Very stressful days, weeks, and months. The assignments were just @#$!&! . They keep coming, till we're exhausted. And I just don't understand why they make it difficult for us. The non-credit modules have more assignments than the core ones. And even the core ones are so draining. Can they just make our final year easier? Give us some space to enjoy this very last year of our degree before we are posted to schools. Reality really bites.

I am really looking forward to finishing this degree. I miss CCCU and the lecturers there so much. They are supportive unlike here. Our opinions are not valued here. So sad.


Crying like a baby. 

Good night.

2 Responses so far.

  1. kz says:

    dont cry like a baby, cry like a, erm, queen? someone strong? heh.

    you are at the end of a 100m race, don't stop. sprint honey sprint! :)

Leave a Reply