I have always wanted to write and write, but my body is too tired to even stare at this blogger dashboard. So yes, a busy and tough week has passed. The second week of my 3rd Year student starting in two days. Now all I could think about is a crap ton of work to do; dissertation proposal, mandarin practice, Julius Caesar reading with journal, and lots more to finish. After a tiring week I had, I'm beginning to picture how busy I will be in the next 9 months. I wanted to get this 3rd Year done, then finishing my final year, get posted and finally get married! Too excited yeh? What to do? Age doesn't wait, time neither.
Apart from the hectic week, I too had an awesome weekend with the beautiful gegurls Athirah, Huda, Muna, Sheida and Ummi. Yesterday, we were celebrating Huda's and Haikal's birthday. Their actual birthdays had passed during the last summer break. So, I was planning with the other girls to throw a party and make it a real surprise birthday celebration ever! I woke up early, and got myself ready. Sheida and I went to Asda to buy cake, and other stuffs for the meal. Once we were home, I straight away went to the kitchen preparing the ingredients needed for sambal ikan bilis. The other girls, on the other hand, were very helpful. Sheida cooked the nasi lemak, and Athirah did the Ayam Goreng Adabi. Huda really had no idea about the party, neither did Haikal. After the meal was ready, we were then getting ourselves ready. Huda only wore her t-shirt and trouser. Athirah came to me "Awak, suruh Huda pakai cantik cantik sikit. Nak ambik gambar". At first I really had no idea how to ask her changing her clothes, spontaneously I said "Da, salin baju cantik sikit. Nanti Aida nak masuk blog". Without questioning, she went into her room and changed for a better shirt. I thought maybe she was weird why the other girls were too "jangok" (read-melaram/cantik). Anyway, to make it short, it was a real surprise for Huda, and Haikal (Maybe). He looked clueless coming with the pizzas, and "pemalu" (...laa, sangat).
![]() |
| Delicious and yummy birthday cake! |
That was yesterday's story. And today, I went to Reculver Country Park in Herne Bay for the Autumn-MiniBioBlitz volunteering work. It was fun, and tiring as well. The weather was really hot. It felt like the sun was burning my face. Anyway, I didn't use the sunblock cream prepared by the organiser. Haven't used them before. All the volunteers were divided into small groups. Some of us were in spider group, butterflies, and reptiles group. My name wasn't on the list, so I chose to replace Zue's because she wasn't there today. Basically, my group which consisted of Jane (the expert), Muna and I were working on the finding of different types of grass and plants available on the country park. We only covered the centre area, near the shore, and up to the tower. We found almost 25 different species. Jane explained to us about all the different plants found, and how to recognise them by looking at the leaves, flower, or by smelling them. I never care about all the grass names before. It looks similar, and nothing much different. And today's activities really opened my eyes about the importance of studying about the nature. It's really worth your time. If it is not you or me, I'm sure some other people will surely find this fascinating and really enjoyable as their leisure activity. Before we were going back home, the Kent Wildlife Trust asked us to sign a petition requesting the UK government to allocate and support the marine near to the Reculver to be reserved. I have done my part to the nature. What about you?
![]() |
| The scenery of Reculver Country Park |



Like the new home! walaupun dah takde teddybear brutal dekat atas tu :D
ive been wondering though, if i point out a random plant tepi jalan you can name it dah lah kan? :P
sure will! or maybe not. hehe. I could show you how Tree Mallow looks like. That's the only species I could recognise and remember. The others, I better not say it or else I might end up telling you the wrong things. :D
p/s: the old teddybear tu bukan brutal la. but comeeel! :P