Teaching: A call from God

I think I haven't developed a passionate interest in teaching. Of course I love teaching. Well, who doesn't right? Errr...Cuma kalau passionate confirm tak buat lesson plans last minute kan? Ni duk menghadap movies je. Sah sah belum sampai tahap passionate GILA.

Honestly, I haven't thought about giving up. I mean not in a serious way lahh. Ada la masa cakap yang wanted to give up and be a full time housewife. Tapi gurau gurau je. I didn't mean that.

This one week makes me realise many things about teaching and about being an effective teacher. An effective teacher should always reflect on his/her teaching. Always try to make positive changes and some improvements. Has good classroom management. Knows the students well. Creative. Makes sure learning takes place and etc. But you can never have a very specific criteria in determining a good teacher. A teacher has many roles. And it's not an easy job. Trust me. 

Dr Zahedah kept saying that 'you being a teacher is the God's calling. you don't choose to be a teacher, but it chooses you'. And as teachers we should find ways to make students love us. A teacher 'must' be firm, but  fun. Mr Aslam too reminded us that 'a teacher is not an occupation nor a profession. It's a vocation for life'.

Sorry students if I failed as a teacher. But will definitely try my best to be a better teacher for you guys. Semangat ada tapi penyakit malas pulak singgah. Doh guane?



























p/s: How can I not love my students? They are my personal rainbows. 

One Response so far.

  1. Sumaiyyah says:

    Salam Aida.

    When I went for my SBE, I was all ready and excited. As soon as I entered my first ever class (kelas ganti) it was like something had smacked me right in the face. Reality. I was awkward, the situation was awkward, I felt like crying and going home straight away. But I didn't. I managed to survive for one month.

    Then came practicum. It was even worse- at first. I cried, I struggled, I never had enough sleep stressing over everything.

    Then I got posted to my school. It was the same thing all over again. The funny thing was after SBE and practicum ended, I didn't want to leave. And ever since I started working, I have begun to love and become passionate about teaching more and more. It's been a rocky ride and I've shed more tears than I would care to remember but I'm happy.

    You seem to love and care for your students, so take that as a good sign. My mentor said, "If you're comfortable with your students, they will be comfortable with you." Whatever others may say, just find your own way and style of teaching. You know and will learn to know what is best for your students. Teaching is not easy, but it is worth every single drop of tear and sweat that you shed. All the best and sorry for the long comment :)

    = Kak Sumaiyyah

    -I just replied to your question on my blog. Sorry for the long wait ye...

Leave a Reply