An English novel to begin

I was reading James Patterson's novel, Sail, while listening to good songs. I have been buying lots and lots of English novels. Also, I have been thinking to have some kind of mini library in the future. I was not trained to read English novels. The first English novel I read was Danielle Steel, The House. I thought it was quite a good novel, and I admired her style of writing. Really.  That was in 2008. I borrowed the novel from IPBA's library, which is now known as IPG KBA (Institut Pendidikan Guru Kampus Bahasa Antarabangsa). 

I never thought that I could even have the guts to buy one. Cecilia Ahern's novel was my very first English novel I bought in Malaysia. And it was expensive to me. I would rather do some shopping, and buy foods rather than buying books. Like seriously, I meant it. I gave it a shot, and a bit frustrated for Cecilia's novel was not my taste. And I did not survive the novel even quarter of it. 

After all, reading English novels is not something easy. You have to get used to it. For me, reading novels is just like watching drama series. Each of the chapter is a new episode for me to discover, how the story develops and what happens next. Most of the time, it is "unputdownable". Every time I finish a chapter, I will continue to the next one. And just like what James Patterson says "the pages turn themselves". 

The only thing you need to know is nothing is impossible. And what makes it impossible is when you don't give it a try. Effort means everything. And maybe we should stop complaining.

Spring 2012,
Aida Ismail

Leave a Reply